In order for papers to appear in the Technical Program and be presented at OCEANS Conferences, the following requirements must be met:
- Abstracts should be no more than 2 pages including all text, pictures, and references. The abstract at the top must also list the corresponding author and his or her institute or affiliation the paper is representing. (i.e. John Smith : University of Someplace). The originally-submitted abstract cannot be used as a substitute for the conference paper.
- The length of the paper must be between 4 and 10 pages, including figures and references. Do not include blank page(s) at the end to achieve the minimum length.
- The paper must be formatted to U.S. letter size (8.5 by 11 inches). To assist in the preparation of the paper, style templates for MS-Word and LaTeX manuscripts can be downloaded directly from the IEEE website:
A copy of the template in Word can be downloaded from here.
- Carefully proofread and check the layout of your paper before going through Step 5 - it will save you time.
- Log in to IEEE PDF eXpress (http://www.pdf-express.org/) and create an IEEE Xplore®-compatible PDF file of your paper. The conference ID is: 31204X
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title.”
- Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required).
- Click “Submit Source Files for Conversion.” Only PDFs created using IEEE PDF eXpress will be accepted.
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click “Upload File.”
- You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.You will receive an email with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached, usually within a day.
- The file returned from the PDF eXpress site is the file that you will upload to the OCEANS ’16 MTS/IEEE Monterey conference Author Dashboard: http://monterey16.oceansconference.org/. Please save it to your computer where you can access it when using our website in the next step.
- Submit (upload) your paper and register for the conference on the Author Dashboard: http://monterey16.oceansconference.org/ and use your email address and password sent in your acceptance email. The deadline for all submissions is
July 18, 2016 August 1, 2016.
- Registration of the paper also registers you as a full delegate for the conference. A single paper registration fee can be applied to up to three papers on which you are a co-author. To include additional papers, simply enter their abstract numbers in the provided fields during the paper registration process.
- Upload your paper(s) as IEEE Xplore®-compatible PDF files returned to you by email from the IEEE PDF eXpress website.
- You will be required to complete a copyright form. Note that receipt of your paper by this Conference constitutes release for open publication by IEEE. No cancellation of such release is permissible after submission in this step.
- You will be required to enter keywords to describe your paper.
- You will be required to complete the Paper Registration process through the Author Dashboard, not through the website link to the public registration form.
- You may verify receipt of your paper by downloading it from your Author Dashboard.
- An oral presentation (or poster presentation for Student Poster participants) of the paper at the conference is required for the paper to be published in the citable Proceedings of the conference in IEEE Xplore, the IEEE online database. Failure to present the paper at the conference will result in withdrawal of the paper from the published Proceedings of OCEANS ’16 MTS/IEEE Monterey. The Proceedings DVD distributed at the conference may contain your paper, but that is not the official publication and cannot be cited in other literature. Please be sure to attend and orally present your paper or have a co-author do so.
- If you need a letter from the conference to obtain a visa, you will be given the option during the registration process to indicate this need. Once your paid registration has been confirmed, you will be able to download your personalized letter.